5.19.2008

definitions::WTF?

People have been coming up to me and asking me what is it I am trying to do. I am now embarking on my last semester and this will be the capsule for the information that I (and my fellow com padres) collect on the topics.

For those who might be confused dictionary.com provides us with their answers:

in·hab·it
–verb (used with object)
1. to live or dwell in (a place), as people or animals: Small animals inhabited the woods.
2. to exist or be situated within; dwell in: Weird notions inhabit his mind.
–verb (used without object)
3. Archaic. to live or dwell, as in a place.

in·hab·it·a·ble, adjective
in·hab·it·a·bil·i·ty, noun
in·hab·i·ta·tion, noun


or·gan·ism
–noun
1.a form of life composed of mutually interdependent parts that maintain various vital processes.
2.a form of life considered as an entity; an animal, plant, fungus, protistan, or moneran.
3.any organized body or system conceived of as analogous to a living being: the governmental organism.
4.any complex thing or system having properties and functions determined not only by the properties and relations of its individual parts, but by the character of the whole that they compose and by the relations of the parts to the whole.
or·gan·is·mic, or·gan·is·mal, adjective
or·gan·is·mi·cal·ly, adverb


So what is my take on the phrase in its entirety?
An inhabitable organism is an intelligent dwelling that governs itself and is reactive to its inhabitant.


No comments: